Monday, July 13, 2015

Dr. Seuss Pillow Letters


A few months ago, I bought this Dr. Seuss fabric panel with the intent of making some sort of wall hanging for Rhys's new room.  It sat in my stock pile while I worked on other projects and I finally pulled it out this weekend!  Rhys loves playing with his felt toys while I'm in my craft room, so I decided to turn this panel into something he could play with.  I sorted through my felt stash and realized that I had felt colors to match the letter block colors!  I think these would have been super cute with a white Dr. Seuss Fabric (here or here) as a backing instead of felt, but I love the pop of the contrasting colors on the back!


This was such an easy project!  I cut the letters out into 6x6 inch blocks, and then cut 26 squares of felt in the same size.  I pinned a felt piece to the front of each letter, then sewed around all four sides of the letter block, leaving a small opening to turn each block right side out.  This is a great beginner's sewing project, because you can just follow along the straight edge of the letter like the green U block below.

Here are a few pictures I took with my cell phone during the process.



Once I sewed all 26 pairs of letters and felt, I cut off all the corners and turned them right side out.  I stuffed all of them with poly fill and then parked myself in front of the TV while I hand stitched the openings closed.  I love the way they turned out and I can't wait to give them to Rhys for his birthday!










0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Today I Felt Crafty